Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Passion

When someone asks you what is your passion, what do you answer?
There are many things that I love, and many things that I'm interested in.
However, I believe that passion is that very first thing that comes to your mind as soon as the question is made. So, in my case, I would answer theater.
I used to take theater classes when I was 11 years old, and I kept doing it for about 8 years of my life. When I "grew up", that is, started going to college, becoming a trainee or getting a job, and doing many other things like these, I had to stop acting because I didn't have time to do it.
I could have tryed to get into an art University, but in my country, acting isn't a recognized job. If you want to become an actor there, you need to do it for pleasure, and only for this, because money wouldn't be the main return. So, I just heard my parents' advice and my sensible thoughts and decided to study another thing.
Nowadays, I got used to do without it, but I have to confess that I do miss it sometimes. It was something that really stired me, challanged me, and the main point: it pleased me! I used to act with all my love and willingness, even if it was only for a few people, or even for myself. I am a kind of shy, and sometimes I think I am not able to express myself as well as at the stage. Maybe it can be the reason I like theater so much...
I don't know whether I'll be able to act again, but I didn't give up of my passion yet. Nothing has replaced it so far. Something inside myself says that it is not the end.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds a little bit sad. Of course in our life the money is important thing, but we also have to improve our talents and do something what makes us pleasure. You sounds a like my mom. I mentioned about her before in my blog. She has a great actor's ability. The problem was that she didn't have money for actor's school. She spent her life on the farm, which is o.k, but maybe she could be famous or at least good actor or artist on the stage. Maybe you should try one day to do something in your passion way.

    ReplyDelete