Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crickets

In Brazil, when have a problem or paranoia about a certain thing, we usually say the idiom "estou com grilo," that is, translated into English it would be "I am with cricket". Yes, that's it: "Cricket," the bug. I don't know how or when they created this idiom, but it makes sense. "Grilos," how it's called in Portuguese, the small green animal, makes a kind of nonstop noise "cri cri cri" just like the problem in our head. When you have a real trouble in you mind, you can't stop thinking about it. Trying to get rid of that thought and making an effort to forget it, in most of the times, seems to make you think even more. It's so weird! So what can we do? If there was a way to organize thoughts as to put things in order like we do, for exemple, with papers, clothes, boxes, and etc, it would be much easier. However, it ins't possible.
What do I do now? I just don't think about. Ok, one more cricket for me to think about. If I find a solution, I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment