Sunday, July 11, 2010

The "getting-older" day

I never liked my birthdays. I mean, I always liked the parties, but not the fact of getting older. When we are kids, we use to think about age as a thing that gives us power: "when I become 18, I will be so big, and cool, and I'll go out with my friends, and I'll be adult..." and so on... But when we become adults, we usually wish we could be a child again.
Actually, as a child, I never had the feeling of hurrying to grow up. I also remeber that on my 15th birthday I cryed because everybody was telling me that from that date, the years were likely to pass too fast, and I didn't want to lose my childhood. It was so good, and I can say that I did have a great playful childhood!
Now, I still don't like my birthdays very much, but I can't help them and just run away from them, that is, they are inevitably part of life. So all I can do is to keep the sweet memories from the past, enjoy and celebrate my day, and receive the good wishes from people around me as my best gift.

3 comments:

  1. I dont know how old are you. I am 30 now. Until my 30th birthday I didn't feel nothing bad, but now I feel that time flies so fast. However, I try to enjoy every single day and do what I have to do in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now i am 21 years old. I remember when i was 14 years old, i felt that everyone was older than me, but when i turn 15 years old, i started feeling that everyone was younger than me. i think that is a normal feeling, so we just have to enjoy everyday.

    ReplyDelete